Does it drive anyone else crazy when you click on a recipe on Pinterest and you have to scroll and scroll and scroll just to see it?! Like I’m just here for the recipe not your life story haha! Promise to keep my recipe posts short and sweet because that drives me nuts! Making banana bread today! Tag me if you try it!
One of my favorite recipes! (Makes 2 loaves)
Banana Bread with Cinnamon Butter Glaze
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In your mixer add sugar and butter and start mixing.
- Next mix in eggs, bananas, milk, vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and beat on medium speed.
- (You can either add your nuts into the mixture during this step or just sprinkle on top of the batter once it is in your pans. I sprinkle mine on top!)
- Pour into greased pans and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. (Makes 2 loaves)
- Combine all milk butter and cinnamon in saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in powdered sugar
- Remove from heat and drizzle over hot banana bread.
- I like to poke holes in the bread to get the glaze throughout the middle.