Favorite Baby Items 0-3 Months
As always thank you for reading! This is a sponsored post written on behalf of UPPAbaby- all words and opinions are my own.
This has been a HIGHLY requested blog post and I’m finally sharing our favorite baby products for 0-3 months! There are SO many baby items out there and it can feel overwhelming as new parents to know what you need or don’t need. Below I’m listing our personal favorite products for the first 3 months! If you have any questions please feel free to DM me on Instagram, I’m happy to answer!
1. Owlet Smart Sock– This is the number one product I would recommend to any parent! I seriously would not be able to sleep at night if it wasn’t for the Owlet. If you’re unfamiliar with it, it’s a monitor that goes around your baby’s foot and tracks their oxygen level and heart rate! An alarm will go off on your phone if your baby’s levels fall below the preset “safe zones”. We also have the Owlet video monitor that goes with it and it has worked well for us to keep an eye on him from our phones! I love the Owlet so much!
2. 4Moms Mamaroo– Hudson has loved the Mamaroo so far and just sits and chills in it! It also syncs to your phone and you can adjust the speed, sound, and motion from the app! I wish they made one for adults!
3. Boppy Nursing Pillow– The boppy pillow is a must have whether you’re nursing or bottle feeding, it’s great for both! It gives your arms and the baby some support while making feeding a little more comfortable!
4. Boppy Newborn Lounger– We didn’t get the Boppy newborn lounger until Hudson was about 8 weeks old, and I wish we would have had it from day 1! I love how it provides a safe and comfy place to lay your baby down if you need to. It props him up a little when lounging, which he seems to prefer. We also have the Dock A Tot but Hudson is not a fan of it! The boppy newborn lounger is MUCH more affordable so I suggest trying that out first!
5. Ollie Swaddle– We took the Taking Cara Babies newborn class and this is the swaddle she suggested! The velcro is very sturdy and keeps Hudson nice and snug. I also love that it is one size so I don’t have to purchase multiple swaddles as he grows. We swaddle him in the Ollie swaddle and then place him in the SNOO sack and he sleeps like an angel!
6. UPPAbaby Vista Stroller– I cannot begin to tell you how many hours I spent researching and comparing strollers! I was gifted the UPPAbaby Vista stroller and have gone on so many walks since Hudson was born. We have absolutely loved it! The VISTA includes the Bassinet which is nice because Hudson has always been so comfy and cozy on our walks. As he grows we will switch out the bassinet for the toddler seat that also comes with it. We have the UPPAbaby MESA carseat as well that can attach to the stroller so the options are endless. It is easy to maneuver and put together, and is not too heavy for me to lift! This stroller has all of the bells and whistles such as a large storage basket, one hand release, adjustable leather handlebar, foot brake, easy to stand up when folded and so much more! We wanted the VISTA since it can accommodate up to three children if you purchase the accessories. UPPAbaby also has the CRUZ stroller and 4 other lightweight stroller options that you can choose from. It is truly such a nice stroller and feels like butta when you push it :).
7. Elvie Breast Pump– Technically not a BABY product but if you are a breast feeding mom the Elvie is so great! I can pump on the go, while cleaning the house, etc. I love that it is so easy to use and is hands free, truly a game changer! Make sure to call your insurance directly and see if they will cover part or all of the cost of the Elvie, some insurances cover it 100%!
8. Baby Brezza– If you are formula feeding this is a must have! When Hudson was born we had to supplement with formula for each feeding for a bit because he had low blood sugar. I still don’t produce quite enough milk so we supplement with formula for his last bottle at night. Whatever you choose to do, FED IS BEST and do not feel any mom guilt for your decision! This is basically like a keurig machine for babies! You put the formula in the top, fill up the water reservoir, select how many ounces you need, the temperature you want and it makes your bottle in seconds! No more measuring or waiting around for bottle warmers, it is the best!
9. Baby Bum Brush– Yes this is basically a butt spatula and yes you need it haha! You will thank me when you’re not trying to get sticky aquaphor or diaper cream off of your hands all of the time!
10. Baby Electric Nail File– No one told me how fast babies nails grew and how hard they are to trim! I got this off of Amazon and it has been great to keep Hudson’s nails short!
11. Alright this is 3 products in 1 list because they all go together. Hudson’s nose is stuffy a lot of the time and it makes me so nervous even though our pediatrician says it’s normal for newborn babies! We use the Boogie Mist saline solution if his nose is dry and stuffy in the mornings. The NoseFrida snot sucker I KNOW sounds like the worst thing ever but trust me if you have a stuffy baby you will try anything and it really works! It is not near as bad as you think it will be! I also purchased the Oogie Bear and sometimes I have to use this if the Nose Frida doesn’t do the trick and it works really well!
12. SNOO bassinet– Allriiiiiight the SNOO! This is what I have gotten the most questions about! I debated whether I wanted to put it on my must have list or not due to it’s price, but Allen even agreed that personally for US it has been a game changer. I will write a more in depth blog post on the Snoo and sleep habits in a month or two once Hudson transitions to his crib but honestly we have loved the Snoo so much and we are very glad we started with it day one. I do know some people whose baby have not liked the Snoo so it isn’t for everyone just like any baby product. You have the option of purchasing or renting the Snoo which I think is a great. They also offer a big discount for military/doctors/nurses, just email them and they will give you the code! Another thing to keep in mind is that they do have a really good resale value on facebook marketplace or the Snoo buy/sell group on Facebook. I truly think we were blessed with a baby that is naturally a good sleeper, but I think the Snoo definitely has helped him sleep through the night and has helped him self-soothe if he does wake up or fuss. We love it and will recommend it to anyone that is expecting! I know it is expensive though and I have plenty of friends that have not used the Snoo and still had great sleepers! I will write a more in depth blog post about Hudson’s sleep journey too!
I hope you could find this guide to be helpful with your little one! There are SO many products out there for babies and it can be hard to know what you truly need and can live without. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂