This is one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes! My uncle BEGGGSSS me every year to make these for Christmas because we always give our family members cookie tins with different Christmas treats. It has become a tradition of mine to make them! They are so tasty and very chewy, I love them so much! Santa will be pleasantly surprised if you leave a plate of these by the fireplace for him ;). Obviously you can use regular M&Ms and make them any time of the year too!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3.4 ozl box instant vanilla pudding mix -(must be INSTANT - not cook and serve.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup red and green M&M candies
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and mix well.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, vanilla pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms. Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll about 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball (Should be about the size of a golf ball) and place on prepared lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are set but still slightly underdone. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
- (You can always wrap the dough in saran wrap, then seal in an airtight container to be frozen. Un- thaw and bake your cookies when you need them! Very handy!