Today I’m sharing one of my favorite Fall/Winter meals and it is SO easy to make but tastes like you worked on it for hours! Allen loves when I make roast with carrots and potatoes and all you have to do is let it cook all day in the crockpot so it’s an easy cleanup too! My mom gave me this recipe and it is the best way to cook a roast and will be full of so much flavor! It was always one of my favorites that she would make when I was growing up! (My mom likes to sear her roast before she puts it in the crockpot but I never do and I feel like it’s just as juicy, just FYI so that part is optional!) Recipe below!
(I’ve decided there’s no appetizing way to photograph roast haha but it taste better than it looks I promise!)
- 1, 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (roast doesn't taste like ranch it just adds a lot of flavor)
- 1 packet au just gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5-6 pepperocini peppers
- bag of carrots
- bag of golden potatoes
- Wash and clean vegetables. Slice carrots and cut in half. I don't usually cut the potatoes if they are small but chop the larger ones in half or in fourths!
- Place roast in the crockpot and sprinkle with the ranch dressing mix and au jus mix.
- Place pepperocini peppers and half stick of butter on top of the roast. DO NOT add any water. Once the crockpot starts heating up there will be plenty of moisture and it will make a lot of gravy! If you add water it will be too runny!
- Place sliced carrots and potatoes around and on top of the roast to fill up the rest of the crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours and then serve