Happy Sunday everyone!
October is my FAVORITE month and I wanted to share one of my favorite pumpkin recipes with you! I took this cake to our bible study 2 weeks ago and it was such a hit that I’m made it again this week! It’s super easy and it will definitely satisfy all of your pumpkin spice needs :). I know the pudding sounds like a weird ingredient but I’ve found that adding pudding to your cake mix makes your cake SO moist and delicious! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 2 boxes small (3.4oz) instant vanilla puddings
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (I prefer to make homemade icing but if you're short on time this is quicker & easier)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your bundt pan (I always use bakers joy)
- In your mixer, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 42-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake rest on counter in pan for 10 minutes. Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.
- Remove foil lid from frosting, stir in remaining tablespoon of cinnamon. Spoon icing into a ziplock baggie and cut off one of the bottom corners.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cake. (You can also heat the tub of icing up in the microwave for 20 seconds and just drizzle onto the cake if you'd prefer to do that 🙂
© 2020 Copyright Brantly Wyatt