Strawberry cake is my FAVORITE!! My husband loves it too, we both request strawberry cake for every birthday and even had a strawberry wedding cake! I’ve made a lot of strawberry cakes and have tried many recipes, but this is by far my favorite! This cake is full of flavor and is super moist, I promise it won’t last long! I love making this for pot lucks or summer cookouts, it’s so easy to whip together! I don’t know about y’all but sometimes I really hate icing layered cakes. I always want it to look perfect and feel like it takes way longer than it should. I love a good bundt cake and being able to drizzle a glaze on top, you can’t mess it up and it always looks pretty!
- 1 white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 3 TBS flour
- 1 small box strawberry Jello (DO NOT use sugar free)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries with juice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3 TBS of the frozen crushed strawberry juice
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
For the Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In your mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, flour, and jello to combine dry ingredients.
- With mixer on low, pour in the oil, water, and strawberries with juice.
This is the tub of frozen strawberries I used!
3. Add eggs and vanilla
4.Increase mixer speed to medium/high and beat for 2 minutes
5. Pour into heavily greased bundt pan and bake for 37-40 minutes. (Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clean, without any batter on it your cake is done).
I always use Baker’s Joy when baking because it has flour mixed in it too and really does a good job of making sure stuff doesn’t stick! Nothing is worse than baking a cake and it falling apart when you invert the pan!
6. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes, then invert pan onto a cake plate.
For the Glaze
Whisk together all ingredients, drizzle over almost cooled cake.
Serve and enjoy! This cake is so moist and delicious! Let me know in the comments how you like it!